Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Mike Gilmour Mike Gilmour is offline

Default Returning "Bose Wave Radio II", altarnative suggestion please...

"Does it mangle your CDs as you pop them in and out?"

Not that I'm aware of. The Tivoli stays in the kitchen so it's mainly cdr's
being played. I've not had any problems with mangled CD's so far. The CD
insert/eject mechanism is a bit eager though and non too gentle either, it
grabs the CD with unnecessary haste.

Mike

"record hunter" wrote in message
Mike Gilmour wrote:
wrote in message
On 25 Nov 2006 16:03:43 GMT, "
wrote:

So, please suggest a system altrnative to BOSE and also one with
Quality sound.

Tivoli - http://tinyurl.com/vo2b4

A little pricey, but remarkably good fidelity for the footprint.

VoH

Anyone know how the newer (all in one) Tivoli sound compared to the older
model with separate speaker boxes for stereo, subwoofer and CD player? I
have the older model with the CD player unit which I like very much for
the
good sound quality and the fact that you can space the speakers as you
wish,
the downside is the FM receiver frequency drifts from cold but pretty
stable
after about 10 minutes (irritating even then).

Does it mangle your CDs as you pop them in and out?