Posted to rec.audio.high-end
bob bob is offline

Default Returning "Bose Wave Radio II", altarnative suggestion please...

wrote:
1) Pioneer A/V Rx VSX-516-K/S for $120 at
www.Circuitcity.com

$120? Last time I saw it, the price was $180. Well done!

2) Philips CD/DVD/MP3 player for $30

Probably as good as any.

3) Klipsch B-2 speakers for $243. I placed the order in
www.bestbuy.com and tomarrow I will pick it up. I considered Klipsch
S-2 before deciding on B-2. Though S-2 looked small, I thought it would
take more space when compared to B-2.

There are a number of good, small speakers on the market, and you might
have done better to shop around and listen a bit before settling on
these. (I'm not panning them, because I've never heard them. I just
mean that you might find something you like better.)

Pioneer VSX-516-K/S is a A/V Reciever, and I am planning to use it as a
Stereo reciever. I will ask if I have any more questions about
configuring A/V reciever to ignore home theater options.

Should be pretty easy to set up for stereo use.

Overall, I'd say you've done quite well for $400. Certainly an
improvement on a table radio.

bob