david

In article . com,
WillStG wrote:

david wrote:
But $600 is a goodly amount of dough.

Years back I sold my 70 for a Lex 300L. You can do a lot more with a
300 and the sound imo is wonderful for a Lexicon box.

Well is a Lex 300L *that* cheap now?

Hi Will. I'm pretty sure a 300 used can be had for under 2K. They used
to cost double that new. Don't know what they sell for new today. Don't
even know if they still sell both the 300 and the 300L.

Plus the Larc
impresses the hell outta people and it is great - you get to sit in the
mix position and futz away with all the parameters. It even has a
digital in and out.

I think you can still impress people with a remote with a PCM70, as
the MRC Midi remote control does have I believe a preset in the 3.0
software for controlling the PCM 70.

I bought a MRC for my 70 back then. It had multiple cables going into
it and was a too light, cheapo feeling box. If my memory is right one
of the cables was the wall wart. And surprise, the MRC did not control
all the 70's parameters.

Working with it felt physically cheesey, like it was made by Hasbro (a
client of ours ;). I wasn't impressed for long and got rid of the MRC
after a couple months use. Keep the 70 acourse. The least Lex coulda
done was made it work with only one cable.

Like a Larc. Which comes with that really long, very nice cable and the
box itself is solid. Damn nice tool.

David Correia
Celebration Sound
Warren, Rhode Island