Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Listed Specifications for Guitar Speaker Frequency Range

On 21/04/2019 3:13 PM, Trevor wrote:
..

Almost ANY speaker can reproduce 20Hz. Almost none can do it at a level
you can hear or feel. The excursion is NOT simply a matter of frequency,
but frequency AND input power. At *very low* power levels there is no
problem with almost any LF speaker following a 20 Hz waveform, but the
SPL output may be low to unmeasureable! Your discussion friends simply
didn't understand all the variables.

I know we are getting pretty far away from 'guitar speakers' here, but
it's fun.

You want to feel (and hear) some great bass if that tickles your fancy,
try Sting 'A Thousand Years', Supertramp "You Win, I Lose', Nora Jones
"Turn Me On', or even Beatles 'Mother Nature's Son' (esp. 2009
remastered version).

Sad that most people never even realise it is there.

geoff