Posted to rec.audio.tech
~misfit~[_2_] ~misfit~[_2_] is offline

Default MP3s And Other Digital Audio Files Mysteriously Shrinking!!

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Peter Larsen wrote:
ChrisCoaster wrote:

On Sep 30, 11:26 am, UnsteadyKen wrote:

Something else I hinted at but did not succinctly mention: I have my
music collection in: two separate folders on both my harddrive and
on my backup. Podcast files: two separate folders on my harddrive
and on my backup. The music and podcasts of course are in iTunes. So
that's 6 places where each of thousands of files resides. Are
these folders somehow talking to each other and
sharing/deleting/otherwise ****ING with the meta data(song title,
artist, album, track#, etc)??

Read up on the itunes virus from "we know better than the ones that
know best" brand, it may come with library syncronisation. Worst
case: you have a virus that deletes or messes with media files AND
library syncronisation from some media archive software that
propagates "newest change" to keep the entire library in sync.

FWIW I rip/ripped all of my CDs to FLAC for archival purposes, stored on two
seperate HDDs, one internal and an external. *Then* I converted the tracks
to 320bps mp3s and I play those using either Winamp with StereoTool (for
on-the-fly equalisation of track volume) if I'm listening to the collection
on random or either VLC or FOOBAR to listen to albums.

I used EAC for the ripping and the computer/s I use/d isn't connected to teh
intarwebs. Ripped on a big old desktop and have a ~2006 laptop as the mp3
player. All track info input by hand. You get what you pay for.....
--
Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)