Posted to rec.audio.tech
UnsteadyKen UnsteadyKen is offline

Default MP3s And Other Digital Audio Files Mysteriously Shrinking!!

ChrisCoaster wrote...

Windows Media Player set to Manual

I use WMP 11 and the CD database is hopeless, especially for classical
music, and it's very US biased, it keeps telling me that my UK and
European CD's are imports:-( and I end up using Exact Audio Copy for
most stuff these days. http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

I also had problems with the auto update of media info, My setup in
Options a
"Update music files by retrieving media info from the Internet"
unchecked,
"Only add missing information"
Checked
"Overwrite all media information"
Unchecked

and it seems to behave itself now.

I may end up ripping all my cd's again as when I started I was a bit
short on disc space (60Gb) and used 192kbps, so I may do them all over
again using EAC and 320kbps or FLAC.

--
Ken O'Meara
http://www.btinternet.com/~unsteadyken/