Phil Allison

"Arny Krueger"
"Bob Cain"

That's because this time shift, more specifically the time rate of
change of this time shift, is the cause of Doppler.

Doesn't exist, Arny. Look he

http://www.silcom.com/~aludwig/Physi..._of_sound.html

Tellingly, as deep as the discussion goes, no mention is
made of "Doppler distortion" and if you read it you will see
why such nonsense wouldn't even have been considered.

It also directly supports what I have said recently that
distance from an oscilating piston, for the purposes of the
physics of piston interaction with air is the distance to
the rest position. I must say, that I found this link just
minutes ago, oddly enough looking for links to IR's for
Acoutic Modeler. I fingered it out earlier all by m'self.

Now about that data you posted...

Sorry Bob, but I'm not buying.

** I have a book on geography that no-where mentions that the earth is not
flat.

Will you take that as proof ???