Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jay Ts[_2_] Jay Ts[_2_] is offline

Default dBFS

Mike Rivers wrote:
Randy Yates wrote:

Next year marks five years as linux for my main OS. I've never wanted
to go back.

I find it odd that one needs a "main OS." Can't we just have functions
and not worry about the OS? That would be very nice indeed.

It would be nice. But it would require that Adobe and many other
companies (name your favorite audio apps) equally support all
operating systems. This is impractical, especially for small
software companies.

So, OS choice is still important. I have both Linux/Unix and Windows
skills, so I can run Internet and Open Source apps on Linux, and use
Windows for desktop and audio apps. I think this is optimal, but
it requires advanced computer skills, and it's more complicated
than using just one operating system.

Jay Ts