Nousaine

Default Comments regarding: Cables, Hearing, Stuff!!

(Michael Scarpitti) wrote:

Stewart Pinkerton wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 02:54:22 GMT,
(Michael
Scarpitti) wrote:

(Nousaine) wrote in message

I don't think so. Muller-Lyrer lines, photos of the St Louis Arch

(examples of
built-in human perceptual error) and experiments where its been shown

that
humans will gladly report differences a large majority of the time when

given 2
identical sound presentations telsl me that the simplest explanation is

that
perceptual error is the most likely cause of cable-sound.

For an 'explanation' to 'explain', there must be some content. Citing
'perceptual bias' does not account for many of the aspects in
listening, such as consistency from time to time.

Absolute nonsense! Repetitive reinforcement is one of the mosty basic
psychological precepts.

We have been over this. I listened to several amplifiers several
months apart. If there was no 'real' difference between them, why was
the same sound character present that I had heard before? I mean, you
have to give an account that shows how I could manage such a
sophisticated feat...

Obviously, you can't...

That would be most likely due to hindsight bias a known bias effect in medical
analysis. When you already 'know; the expected effect it most assuredly will
reappear when bias mechanisms are noy controlled. Why not try this for
yourself?