lcw999

Default Comments regarding: Cables, Hearing, Stuff!!

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 22:50:49 +0000, Dick Pierce wrote:

lcw999 wrote in message
In the Italian Legislature Marconi was held up for ridicule when one
member
of the Legislature held up a wire** and boldly stated "nothing can go
through this wire...there is no hole in it" This was followed by a
roaring laughter and approval.

Then, my friend, let's complete the analogy. It is members of the
audiophile community that are the analogs of the Italian Legislature.
You have describe a body utterly unversed in physics, electronics, and
the extent of knowledge. They scoff when presented with ideas counter to
their deeply held believe system, a system NOT shaped through knowledge,
experimentation and rigor, but through blind intuition and political
agenda.

Oh, and this also applies to the Italian Legislature as well, beside the
audiophile community.

You brought up the point of "particle interactions" and some such,
without ever once, apparently, listening to those experts in that field
who will tell you that the rules at that level are irrelevant in the
macro world.

Sorry, but I have discussed this with individuals in this realm.
Perhaps you meant "micro"...but, there is not enough knowledge
available at this early state to know what can be related to any of
these sub-particle dimensions. The reason for the comments about
particle issues was to merely wake up those that think that our
awareness of current "seemingly known" issues is most likely tied in
with other levels of particles... therefore...we will learn much in
the future about what is now referred to as a "stable, all is known"
category. Don't get upset here...we are still stumbling through the
basics...more will evolve. Don't be surprized that we might well
learn to manipulate certain particles in this sub-particle domain.

Yes,

"They laughed at Marconi,"

they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.

I don't think Bozo existed at that time...
Thanks for the comments anyway.

Leonard...