Posted to rec.audio.pro
jtees4 jtees4 is offline

Default Before criticizing the revival of what you consider to be an 'old thread'...

On Wed, 24 Jan 2018 05:28:23 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

THINK:

1. Does that old post contain information that might be valuable
to someone other than yourself?
2. Does it interest someone other than yourself?

3. Would it make a change in the life/lives of anyone
besides you?

4. Does it reasonably condense or bring together dialogue
or information about a particular subject, vs. creating
multiple new threads or posts about the same thing?

I am sick and tired every time some slack-jaw comes along
and interjects "this is an old thread", or, "that post is 10-20-however
many years- old".

Think about someone ELSE for a change, outside of your own
narrow little world, before contributing negatively to a conversation
that others, beside yourself, might find helpful or useful. And
if you have nothing to contribute to the dialogue besides "dude,
you're replying to a old thread" - keep that to yourself, and scroll
the F- along.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to read this.

I agree with you. I do it personally on lots of forums, for the simple
reason that I don't pay attention to posting dates. I think they're
are irrelvant...if I am posting it is still of interest and on topic
for me. And often, it leads others back into a discussion that me be
relevent for newer people.