Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default MIDI problems resolved

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message ...

I don't know what you consider a noticeable" delay, but unless
you're pounding two-handed chords, the MIDI delay shouldn't
be any greater than about 10 milliseconds.

It's plainly noticeable -- about 1/10 of a second.

However, what you may be experiencing is the amount of time it takes
the computer to play the sample. This can be considerable on a slow
computer or with a program that isn't designed for real time playing.

As a teaching tool, the program is presumably designed for real-time playing.
And the computer has an i7 3770K processor that runs at 3.5GHz.

As I said, the program specifically warns that playing the keyboard through
the computer might produce an audible delay. Whether this is inherent in MIDI,
or is the result of poor programming, I don't know.