Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Another proposal

Trevor Wilson wrote:

"Iain Churches" wrote

The morons to which you refer, are DipEng and above.

**If they agree with you, then they are morons. Let me tell you that an
alleged DipEng does nothing for me. In my first job, as a trainee tech, I
had cause to correct my boss (thrice removed and km away in head office) how
to correctly design a piece of equipment. My superior asked me to fix a
piece of equipment which had been designed by a DipEng. It had not worked
since the day it was installed. Truth be told, my boss asked me to fix it,
because I was driving him mad, asking for work to do (trainee techs, being
thought of as essetially useless). I examined the equipment, requested the
schematics and set to work. 2 hours later, I presented the STO with a piece
of funtional equipment. I then asked if I could speak to the engineer, so I
could explain to him how he made his fundamental design error. My request
was politely declined. Apparently, it was not desirable for a trainee tech
to teach an engineer how to do his job.

Been there, done that after a fashion.

I was also truly shocked at the inability to teach of some of the professors at
University College London (of all places) when I was there. A couple of friends
on the same Electronic Engineering course neatly summed it up as follows "we've
been here a year and we still don't understand how a transistor works".
Fortunately I was very largely self-taught and didn't suffer the same fate.

Mediocrity and wholesale incompetence is EVERYWHERE. Even more shocking is the
level to which these idiots manage to advance, through being devious and
manipulative most likely.

Graham