Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Trevor Wilson[_2_] Trevor Wilson[_2_] is offline

Default Another proposal

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
i.fi...

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message

"Iain Churches" wrote in message
.fi...

"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message

**Pre-zactly. Iain consistently claims that it is a myth.

Trevor. There seems to be something very wrong with you
reading comprehension skills.

**I rea just fine.

I am glad that you "rea just fine":-)

I have never stated that skin effect was a myth.

**Yeah, you have. Several times.

I have repeated my view over and over again. It
is also the view which seems to be shared by the
rest of the educated world with the exception
of your good self.

We
all know it to be real and measurable.

**Then stop saying that it is a myth. Stop saying that it is a myth at
audio frequencies. It is real and measureable at ALL frequencies above
DC.

Indeed. But the point is that it has no effect of
any significance in a domestic audio system.
If you choose to go on thinking that it does,
you are quïte at liberty to do so. Be my guest.

I did suggest that Graham should start a thread,
to elucidate upon some mis-understood and controversial
topics, under the heading of Myths and Legends. You
probably don't have access to it, Trevor, but there was a
thread on the European Broadcasters group that used this
very heading a few years ago. Skin effect was included.
Sadly I missed it.

**Actually, I concur. Let's start with debunking this SET nonsense. Let's
expose the charlatans who claim that SET amplifiers have any place in a
decent high fidelity system, for what they are - Deluded morons.

OK. But take a much more rational approach, come down
off the ceiling. Calling people who disagree with your view
deluded morons is not going to help your case one iota.

**I don't call people who dissagree with me deluded morons. I call people
who imagine that SET amplifiers are high fidelity deluded morons.

Do you seriously think that any of these people even
deign to discuss the subject with you, while give the
impression of a foul-mouthed oaf?

**People who argue that SET amplifiers have any place in a high fidelity
system are already arguing from a position of extreme ignorance. So, no.

Trevor Wilson