Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

Default Another proposal

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Iain Churches" wrote in message
ti.fi
"Eeyore" wrote
in message ...

His choice of amplifier truly worries even me.

Graham's thinking ability worries me. He makes a lot of unsubstantiated
claims, and I provide honest-to-goodness lab test results. Graham then
attacks the lab tests, but not on any grounds other than that he doesn't
believe the results.

You can't pull the wool over Graham's eyes Arny, you should know that
by now:-)

It's really hard to work with people who don't respect themselves enough
to respect others.

Are you working with Graham?
Does he know this? :-))

Second only to his choice of microphones:-)

Silly boy Iain, I don't have my choice of microphones. I have what the
budget will support.

As you well know, that is not what I was talking about, Arny.

By the way, knowing how fond you are of Behringer,
have you ever checked out the ballistics of a
Behringer VU meter against a proper VU?

The standard was laid down in 1934. Behringer have
had 74 years, and still haven't got it right. Even the
scale on the meter is not correct! Compare it with
a British Sifam as I have been doing. It's interesting.

I got one of these meters to play with after a unit that
was returned for repair under warranty was consigned
to scrap. It is cheaper to give the customer a new
one that repair the one he has. Hmm. Quality?

Of course Iain, having never done live sound,

My dear chap. Have I got news for you! I have
done more live gigs than I can remember, including
live jazz broadcasts as part of the Shakespeare
Festival, from Southwark Cathedral in London,
one of the most difficult recording locations for
jazz on God's green earth. The team of which
I am a partner does concert PA of all kinds
regularly.

and having never bought any the modern recording gear that you brag about
out of your own pocket, how would you know?

Sorry. No cigar there either Arny. I am a shareholder in the
company which owns our team's equipment, so that means I
have definately bought it:-)

They even make semi-opaque acrylic cellos
these days, with internal flourescent illumination::-)

We let our violinists play what they brung, which seem to be quite
conventional.

Do you use the MIDI port? :-))

Iain