Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Trevor Wilson[_2_] Trevor Wilson[_2_] is offline

Default Another proposal

"mick" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 22:19:15 +0000, Eeyore wrote:

mick wrote:

For me, any speaker cable over about 3m (i.e. loop length 6m) is too
long

So you don't think the laws of physics apply to cables under 6m long ?

Is that right ?

Don't be picky! Of course they obey the laws of physics. I just don't
agree that the inductance and/or capacitance of speaker cables 3m long
is liable to be audible in any way. Measurable, yes, but audible probably
not. You'll get far more audible difference made by cleaning the
connections.

**I suggest you do some listening with a pair of Quad ESLs (the old ones)
and compare with regular cables and low inductance cables sometime. You may
well be very surprised. I do agree that 3 Metres is a bit of a stretch, but
5 Metres is definitely noticeable.

Trevor Wilson