Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger

Default Feeder cables to the snake

"Powell" wrote in message

"Robert Morein" wrote

I've ordered the 100' Whirlwind snake. Now I need some
individual feeders. Please comment on the following
brands. I want to avoid the "junk." Pro-Co
Audio-Technica
Audix
Canare
CAD
Monster

Add to your short list:

Blue - above avg. connecters and strain
relief - highly visible green cable sheathing
is easily seen (less likely stepped on).

I'm under the impression that stepping on cables hastens the break-in
process with commensurate improvements in soundstaging and microdynamics.
;-)

Seriously, any cable that does poorly when stepped on is hoplessly useless.
IOW, avoiding stepping on cables is like avoiding getting wet when taking a
shower.