Posted to rec.audio.pro
axolotl axolotl is offline

Default How did they create that sound on "Mercy Mercy Me"?

On 4/2/2011 7:22 PM, Gareth Magennis wrote:

"axolotl" wrote in message
On 4/2/2011 8:30 AM, brassplyer wrote:
On Marvin Gaye's cut "Mercy Mercy Me" there's this repetitive echoing
"ponk" that sort of sounds like a sonar ping or something. Anyone know
how that sound was created? Seems I may have heard it on other songs
as well.

This was discussed at length in the "Whatever Works" forum at
Prosoundweb. Terry Manning, one of the moderators, had the advantage
of a copy of the 16 track master.
An archive search will get you there.

Kevin Gallimore

Shame you couldn't be bothered to post a link.

I've just spent ages trying to find it and have given up.

We aim to please.

http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/m/259729/0/?srch=marvin+gaye+mercy#msg_259729

Kevin Gallimore