Posted to rec.audio.pro
Barry B Barry B is offline

Default Apologies for age-old question ... AD/DA DAW interface?

Mike,

Thank you very much for another complete and clear answer to everything. After thinking about your advice and thoughts thoroughly, I think I'm going to pick up an 18i20 while continuing to hone my personal skills, getting the most possible out of my equipment, and add another mic or two to the collection ... that microphone-parts.com site you linked to in another thread is very intriguing. I almost pulled the trigger on an RME Octomic XTC, which is a bit past the budget but looks great, but can always do that to expand later. Right now, the more I think about it, the weakest link in my chain may still be ME... I've improved over the years and learned a lot, but I know there's a ways to go before I've truly outgrown the quality of this gear and the 18i20. Based upon your input and geoff's, it sounds like the 18i20 is a solid, honest box and a good fit for current needs... while still leaving plenty of money in the kitty for expansion to more varied and better quality gear even in the near future if necessary, without becoming useless.

Talk me out of it?