Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris K-Man Chris K-Man is offline

Default Broadcasting Q? Announcing The Time On The Radio

On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 7:57:17 PM UTC-5, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Chris wrote:
I've noticed it for about ten years, maybe mo

The announcer/other on-air personality more often than not tells the wrong time! Typically the wrong hour. Happpens when either Standard or Daylight Saving is in effect.

This is the consequence of your local station rebroadcasting some program
from off the satellite, from some station in a different time zone.

Some of the radio networks are better than others about this sort of thing.
Family Radio is just horrible about it.

"Mostly clear skies, twenty five degrees at 12 minutes past 5(it's 6:12 as I'm typing this).

Likely the weather isn't for where you are either.

Again: The station broadcasts off the Empire State Building, which I can see from the shore of my town in CT . it's the local news report at five minutes past the top of every hour.