Lorin David Schultz

"Nace" wrote:

What is the best choice to format my new drive to so that I may use
it on both pc and mac to read and right files ...FAT 32 ( for which
there is no option on windows) or maybe OS-Extended

XP won't read HFS drives, and OSX won't read NTFS. You have two
choices:

1. Format your drive FAT32. It doesn't come up as an option in the
usual place under XP, but I accidentally found a way to do while looking
for something else one day. If I could remember what that way was, I
would tell you! g The point is, it *is* possible.

2. Buy MacDrive software. Then your XP box will read HFS drives.
Format the drive with the Mac and you're good to go.

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)