Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

Default Mind Stretchers

On Sun, 27 May 2012 21:25:41 -0700, KH wrote
(in article ):

AE on the other hand uses ML panels. While these can sound very good,
and certainly have a much wider listening angle than my Sophias, they
don't sound as realistic to me. AE feels the opposite way I'm sure,
quite possibly for opposite reasons.

I Like Wilson Speakers. Have since I heard my first Watt/Puppy setup. I like
M-L electrostatics because they can throw a wide, stable sound stage and can
give pin-point image specificity when fed a good REAL stereo recording. But
mostly I like them because of their low distortion. M-L Electrostatics are
push-pull and cone speakers are single-ended. That means that harmonic
distortion in cone speakers will be much harder to control than it is in
electrostatics. Not saying the Wilson's product are high in THD, but they are
higher than with my M-Ls and I can hear that.