Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Default 5 Channel Amp Comparisons

Don't know if you are still looking, but on Ebay right now there is a
vintage Soundstream Ref. 405 for sale, a 5 channel amplifier. Don't let the
power numbers fool you, it is a high current amp and is INCREDIBLY
under-rated (this was back in the IASCA days when competitors bought amps
that purposly underated their amps so they could compete in lower power
Class brackets to gain an advantage), this was such an amp, you can safely
double the rated power specifications for a true estimate of power. I think
it's going for around $50 right now, a TRUE BARGAIN, this amp will last a
lifetime, and your grandchildren's lifetime.

MOSFET

"Lemmy" wrote in message
OK, I'm looking for a 5 channel amp to power my car stereo system.
Speakers are 5x7s. Not sure of the subwoofer yet which I'm replacing but
nothing bigger than a single 12". Anyone want to comment on any of the
listed amps below and recommend (or critique) one over the other(s)?

Memphi Belle 16 MCH600 5 Channel Amplifier

Alpine PDX5 5 Channel Amplifier

Rockford Fosgate Power1000 5 Channel Amplifier

Kicker ZX700.5 5 Channel Amplifier

US Amps AX5600G 5 Channel Amplifier

Focal Power 5.500 5 Channel Amplifier