Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

Default Another proposal

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Iain Churches" wrote in message
ti.fi
Perhaps you or Iain can show us a requisition from a
well-known music production organization, Decca for
example, for a large number of highly-colored SET
amplifiers driving say Lowther horn-loaded speakers,
intended to be used universally in-house for producing
records.

Good try. Arny. No cigar:-)

The prerequisite posturing, followed by the concession speech.

I see neither.

Record companies choose amplifiers and speakers for their
generic performance. This is because a studio may be
used to record a classical work on one day, and a
punk-rock band on the next. Most studios can offer a range of
loudspeakers.

Due to the fact that they cannot be regarded as
"all-rounders" neither ESL or Lowther are commonly seen.

See, Iain concedes the point. He was wrong and now he admits it.

Not at all. You trimmed my post, (presumably because
you had no sensible response to the points made in it)
and snipped the paragraph where I assured you that
any studio of good repute would provide the speakers
and amp of your choice when requested.

We have a beautiful pair of Tannoy Lancasters and a
fine Radford STA100 for which there is considerable
demand. But neither of these would be part of a
generic control room setup.

Iain