Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] mnbulkemail@gmail.com is offline

Default Windows alternative for Apple MainStage?

On Friday, March 13, 2009 at 7:25:19 PM UTC-4, just bob wrote:
Just saw the demo video for MainStage and was impressed (do you call this a
DAW with softsynth?). If I read correctly, for $500 I get Logic Studio and
MainStage is included. That is a bit outside my budget and even if it was
within the budget I have no Mac.

So is there a Windows alternative for around the same price range? I looked
at the ProTools website but it seemed I couldn't get anything like this for
under $1000.

Thanks,
-Bob

Cantabile https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/
You can switch between songs really quick, without the waiting times of loading plugins, and still use your favorite plugins; furthermore you can assign controls from your keyboard so you don't even need to touch the computer when playing live. You can setup songs, set lists, song states, etc. Very comprehensive, and you can do whatever you want, control the split, transpose, velocity curve, anything imaginable.
It's not created for recording, it is for live performance, specially for keyboardists. And it's not that expensive as Logic Pro, Ableton or Cubase.