Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Jenn Jenn is offline

Default Any impressions on the EMM Labs CDSA-SE CD/SACD player?

On Nov 20, 9:03 pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

People keep talking about margins of error. I see no
justification for saying that the margin of error is
that high. It appears to me that people are confusing
variation with error.

I didn't comment about the height of the margin.

What did you do, besides throw some numbers around?

I commented on the LP figures being only something like 10% of the
margin.

I thought that you might have something based on sales,
rather than a small phone survey.

"Small phone survey?" LOL!

Yes. What was it? 1200 nation wide?

Since you seem to think that this is an issue and that you have definative
evidence from a reliable source, its up to you to follow through. If you
can't, then we'll put these claims over in the speculation bucket.

"Definative evidence" of what, Arny? I've made no such claim.

What would be interesting is a stat that shows numbers
of LPs sold for listening, rather than for scratching.

Since there is no longer any need to scratch LPs in
order to create the audible effect, we may be able to
determine that by simply watching LP sales drop like a
stone.
Impossible to know, I know.
It is well known that for a while, the number of
turntables sold for scratching exceeded the sales of
guitars.

Cite? NAMM stat, for example?

I'll start coming up with cites when the old business gets settled.

What old business? Do you have a cite or not?