Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Any impressions on the EMM Labs CDSA-SE CD/SACD player?

"Sonnova" wrote in message

On Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:40:27 -0800, Steven Sullivan wrote
(in article ):

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Sonnova" wrote in message

The LP sounds incredible, the CD sounds mediocre.

LPs go tic-tic-tic and rumble, rumble, rumble. I've
never been to a live concert that had inner groove
distortion. Have you?

The CD (and SACD) sounds incredible to me. Is Sonnova
suggesting that everyone would certainly find the LP
better-sounding?

Really, what is the point of such testimonials?

NO, NO, NO! please read and understand the entire thread
before commenting. I have an LP (ONE three disc,
single-sided, 45 RPM release by Classic Records) that
stands head and shoulders above all other commercial
recordings that I own in terms of REALISM. It is simply
incredible.

OK, so you like it?

We know that vinyl can't be truely realistic, ever. So this must be some
sort of sentimentality, personal preference thing.

I also have an earlier release of the same
performance on a single 33.3 disc and I have both the CD
of that performance and the recent SACD of it. NONE of
them sound as REAL as that Classic Records release.

At the worst, bad mastering of the versions that are on the vastly superior,
sonically-perfect medium.

Besides, the odd exception does not disprove the rule.

From
that, more than half the people on this NG have
fabricated an opinion that I prefer ALL LPs to all
CDs/SACDs. I have never said or meant anything of the
kind!

Unh, just as we misinterpreted your claim that more turntables are being
sold, when in fact you mistakenly dropped out the qualifier that it was
brands and models that you were talking about. I'm not sure I even buy that,
because in the day when the LP was all we had, everybody and their brother
were making turntables.