Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Any impressions on the EMM Labs CDSA-SE CD/SACD player?

"Jenn" wrote in message

On Nov 20, 7:47 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"Jenn" wrote in message

Not all are "noisy", Arny. Some of us just like what
some LPs bring to the sonic and musical table.

It's not a matter of just liking. People like many
things that they don't publicly obsess over so
frequently as we see, with that tiny noisy minority who
still bother with LPs.

Again, I'm part of that tiny minority, and I and most
people who like some LPs are not particularly "noisy"
about it, IMO.

This is irony - a claim of no noise in the midst of
making noise about a medium that almost nobody can stand
to bother with any more/

Who made a claim of no noise, Arny?

It's one of those serious issues that some people want to avoid if they can,
obfuscate if they can't.

And, perhaps it is noise to you,

Help me here Jenn, is there a musical instrument called the "LP tic and pop"
simulator that is played by some symphony orchestras?

It seems like those who talk/write so
much about something they don't like are more noisy.

It's just a matter of presenting a balanced picture. If
the noisy minority would let the LP be in its proper
place, then there would be less criticism of its
well-known and rather gross failings.

The LP IS in its proper place, Arny: enjoyed by those who
enjoy some of them; ignored by others.

The problem is the hype, the constant complaints about CDs when most sound
fine, and the ignorance of the LP format's rather limited sonics.