Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default need help with NAD 7155

I bought an NAD 7155 in '84 or 5 and it worked fine, but I had to put it in
storage in 1998 where it had been for nearly 8 years until I got it out the
other day. The amp works fine, but the tuner has developed a problem.
I'm getting little or now sound and it only occasionally shows signs of
actually being tuned in. The display also will show some signs of life
when I hit the AM/FM switch. AM though shows no life at all. I'm
thinking that perhaps the AM/FM switch is dirty, or that some caps
have dried out or whatever electrolytics do. I had other electronic
equipment also in storage though not as old as the NAD and they
are all fine. Any ideas?

Martin