Posted to alt.video.dvd, 24hoursupport.helpdesk, rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro
Kompu Kid Kompu Kid is offline

Default Latest on archival quality DVD?

Hello All:

I have been scouring the Internet for the past few weeks to determine
what brand to use to archive some of my music that I transferred from
my LP's.

Most of the information that I found are several months old. I want
to summarize what I've found so far and ask others opinions as to if
anything has changed.

Here they a

* Taiyo Yuden for inexpensive disks.

* Some TDK, and Verbatim DVDs are made using Taiyo Yuden media.

* The TDK DVDs sold in Cosco in bulk are not made with Taiyo Yuden
media.

* Rima DVDs are also made with Taiyo Yuden media.

* MAN-A gold is the best and has the longest shelf life.

* DVD+R 's better than DVD-R in terms of error correction, etc.

Comments appreciated!

Deguza