Jenn wrote:

Hey, I have MANY limitations! :-) I have found that I have sensitivity
in regard to tempi at about 3 beats per min.

3 beats per minute out of how many? Three beats of Largo is a lot
longer than 3 beats of Presto.

That is, I can tell that
one performance is slower or fast at about that threshold. I CAN'T pick
specific tempi out of the air with that degree of sensitivity. Others
can come pretty close to that. That's why I don't care for conducting
ballet, for example. Dancers need things REALLY exact in tempo, and I
just don't enjoy working that way; it's anti musical to me.

I'm learning a lot through this discussion, btw. Thanks to the
participants.

Don't say that. You'll only encourage us.

bob