Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

Default HELP - Please Identify These Two Parts....................

"EADGBE" wrote...
The one component that has me puzzled is the small black "diode"
indicated at the bottom of the photo.

There is no mark on this component other than the yellow stripe you
see.

I cannot get any type of reading on this component when I use my
multimeter -- I get nothing using my diode check function (forward or
reverse bias), no continuity, no resistance reading. It must be
faulty, I am assuming.

So are you saying that the resistance is "infinite" regardless
of how you try to measure it? If that is the case, then it is
likely "blown". Dunno how critical it is without the full
schematic diagram.

If it IS blown, then you should likely discover WHY before
replacing it or the replacement may blow instantly as well.

The other component that has me puzzled is the olive green "resistor"
just above the larger blue electrolytic capacitor. I get a steady
resistance reading of .5 ohms on this component.

Do you have some reason to believe that it is not just a
0.5 ohm resistor? Again, hard to guess without the full
schematic diagram.