Posted to rec.audio.pro
Malachi

Default UAD-1 and Plugins

"Serge" wrote in message
Scott Fraser wrote:

Yes, you do get latency when monitoring through the software mixer with
UAD plugins instantiated. Since plugins are only in the playback path,
I don't track with them instantiated. I need to know what's getting
recording.

Scott Fraser

I tend to record with no software effects and only a little compression via
a hardware unit going in. The UAD plugs aren't really usable as real time
effects during tracking/monitoring because of their inherent delay.

I monitor through a mixer to avoid the latentcy issue all together, but
that's just my creative process. The UAD is great to have at mixdown,
though.

malachi