Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mark Robinson

Default UAD-1 and Plugins

Hi Serge,

I love my UAD-1. I can't compare the plugs to the sounds of the original
vintage units, but I think they are all very useful. As to your other
question, the plugs are run on the UAD-1 board and use no host CPU. They
are designed to run in real-time.

Mark
"Serge" wrote in message
Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask the opinion of the group members on the UAD-1 card
and the plugs. Is it efficient enough to offer realtime
processing? And, most of all, how do the plugs sound - how close did
they get to the originals (Pultec and Fairchild interest me especially)?
I appreciate any and all responses to this, as I trust your experienced
ears (which im sure heard the originals!) much more than mine.

Cheers,
Serge