GregS

In article .com, wrote:
Hello, I know that this is a long shot, but it seems there are a
lot of knowlegable people here so I thought I would try. I have a pair

of LX8's and I want to replace the driver in them. My problem is that
I don't want the new drivers volume level to overpower the linaum
tweeters. I Have done some research and found that when replacing
drivers you need to stay within +/- 3db of sound pressure level or
(spl). I have every other spec for this speaker but this one, anyone
that can help in this regard would be extreamly gratefull! Also to I
can find no listing for the Optimus company anywhere, tried to cross
refrence Tandy, and Texas Insturments. Did however find the model
number of the actull speaker to be replaced #SP90007. If anyone has
any info that might be helpfull, even remotely Please advise!

I would first contact Radio Shack to see if they have a replacement driver.
I don't know if Linaeum company still exists.
Looking over the internet, it appears a Peerless woofer is used, and may have also been used
in Linaeum's products.

If the tweeter has an adjustment, you might get by with many replacements, else
it is critical to stay close to the sensitivity. There are many other things
to consider, but some replacement drivers from Parts Express or
from Madisound might work. Cabinet demensions and type are
critical to opperation.

Why do you want to replace driver. Does driver still function. One reason
I ask is to get the impedance.

greg