Oily

Default Mackie SDR 24/96 - Hard Drive upgrade?

Mike Rivers wrote in message

Mackie says "a couple of terabytes" but most people who are putting in
a large drive are using 120 or 160 gigabytes now. Don't put all your
eggs in one basket. It will be tempting if your drive is too large.

It's fairly easy to replace the internal drive on the SDR because
there's plenty of room inside the box. I believe that it needs to be
set to either "slave" or "cable select" (reports are that both work,
but it probably depends on the drive) in order to be recognized.

That's great, I was thinking I might only be able to go to about 30GB.
I also had a look at the Mackie Forum too. I thought I'd seen everything on
that site but somehow I must have skipped over that?
Anyway, great info!

Thanks Mike

Leoaw3 wrote

You don't have to go with Mackie's expensive drive - use the Lian-Li RH-58
drive carrier and a reasonable IDE drive. I've used a few different ones -

always go for the ones with the 8meg buffer for speed. You can get the

RH-58
from Directron.com for about $20. This gives you a rack as well that you

can
mount in your PC if you want to access the data quickly from there.

Keep your warranty - get max flexibility - go external! ;)

Just what I needed to hear, as I was told (by the shop) that Mackie have
stopped selling empty drive caddies.

Thanks Lee.

:-))