Posted to rec.audio.high-end
KH KH is offline

Default Mind Stretchers

On 6/6/2012 5:55 PM, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
"Arny wrote in message
"Gary wrote in message

big snip

I just hope upon hope that some of the correspondents are not right, that it
is just a matter of taste and I am tilting at windmills.

I haven't seen any correspondents saying that it is *just* a matter of
taste. Quite the opposite. Everyone has acknowledged that there are
many areas, especially in the recording process, where clearly things
can improve. What is clear, however, is that you consistently refuse to
acknowledge that preference plays a major role, and thus there simply
cannot be any universally acknowledged *best*, or most realistic
presentation.

There HAS to be something more scientific about it than that.

There is nothing remotely unscientific about evaluating and
understanding listener preferences, and recognizing how such preferences
impact the universality or efficacy of any particular engineering
solution. As long as you continue to think there is *a* single correct
way to create realism, you will be tilting at windmills.

Keith