Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Mind Stretchers

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Gary Eickmeier" wrote in message

I would also direct your attention to Siegfried Linkwitz's listening
room,
with its highly reflective front end. These properties were duplicated in
the test room, which was good, and which reinforced what I have been
saying
for 30 years. The speakers were positioned as I have recommended as well.

So Gary are you pulling an AL Gore on us and claiming to have invented
LEDE?
;-)

No, LEDE is just the opposite of what should be done. If you can't see that,
then I have failed to communicate.

There ARE a lot of researchers and writers, however, who have gone before me
and said very similar things to what I am advocating, so I am not a
screwball advocating some iconoclast nonsense. Just trying to synthesize
everything that is known and a few details that I have discovered about it.

This whole discussion is interesting to me because - well, primarily because
I am trying to tell fellow lovers of good sound what causes some of the
audible effects and problems that have consequences on system setup and can
improve their sound, and also partly because it shows how stead and
unmovable the audio industry is. It is more like "camps" of warring factions
rather than truly interested enthusiasts.

You have encountered this EXACT phenomenon with high end audiophile
resistance to double blind testing and especially the ABX approach and all
that it taught you. So how does it feel to be scorned and laughed at by
certain camps? You can write your ass off and it will not penetrate.

I have great respect for most of the respondents in this group, including
you, so I was hoping to get at least some agreement on some areas or
inroads, but it's more like trying to convince a Chevy man to get a Ford. I
just hope upon hope that some of the correspondents are not right, that it
is just a matter of taste and I am tilting at windmills.

There HAS to be something more scientific about it than that.

Gary Eickmeier