B&D

If your dealer has a generous trade in policy and an extended money-back
period, you are in good shape - take the speakers home and see if they sound
good in your room - and see if you like them for the long haul. If not,
send 'em back. What's the problem, really?

On 9/29/04 8:24 PM, in article ,
" wrote:

"I say let's use the manufacturers and dealers claims that speakers
require break in to our advantage."

I say let's put such claims in the same pot as many of their other
marketing/publishing claims, rubbish meant to promote the "I hear it, I
really really do, don't you too, don't you believe me"?. Such claims
require repeatable proof up front, not as market/publishing gossip and
"Yes, I hear too"! responses cultivated as part of the commercial intrest.
Tests presented here, and elsewhere, show that any change is minor, return
to baseline when cooling occurs, and is offset by other changes so as to
make any audible results highly unlikely; that is the benchmark. In
response we get a chorus of "I hear it too!" untested uncontrolled
anecdotal testimonials. Many have suggest it it is the hearing perception
that changes in a few days, not the hardware, and it is that which the
marketing/publishing folk count on to happen to bolster support for the
"audition" model to which they subscribe/sell and which they wave about as
a reason to pay attention to them as some authority on matters audio.