Ty Ford

Default Mac problem - flashing question....G5 POwer supply report

In Article , "WideGlide"
wrote:
Try holding the option, command and shift keys down at the same time and
restart. If that doesn't work, stick your Mac startup CD in the CD drive
and restart while holding the c key down. Stephen T. Boyke
-----------------

Thanks. I did try all those things, and still no luck. I took a look at
the rear side of the computer and it appeared that all cables were fully
inserted. But then, for the heck of it, while the computer was on (with the
flashing question mark still on the screen), I jiggled the keyboard and
trackball cables... still nothing... I then removed and reseated the
keyboard and trackball cables, and suddenly I heard the sound of the hard
drive booting up... looked up at the screen to see the computer booting up
as normal. Well... not sure why that happened, but I sure am glad that it
finally started up. This never happened before. So you mean a poor
keyboard cable connection will cause a computer to be totally disabled?
This is a first for me. Thanks.

Thanks for the nailbiting drama and glad to hear you got it back online.
I hate when that happens.

BTW, I had a chance to fire up the G5 for an 002 session sevreal days ago.
I (along with others) had mentioned computer noises coming out of the (in my
case Digi 002) analog ports.

A new power supply was installed. Although I didn't have time to do a
thourough check, the balanced monitor outputs that had been polluted were
free of computer monkey noise. More later.

The Apple unbalanced analog audio out on the tower was still noisey.

Regards,

Ty Ford

For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on http://www.jagunet.com/~tford