Phil Allison

"Patrick Turner" = asinine, criminal ****wit

The people at Tortech ( aust ),
http://www.tortech.com.au/toranalysis.html
say this

** Tortech is a small transformer winding business in Sydney. They buy lams
and wound cores from local and foreign suppliers. The owner is Mike
arkin - he supplied me with the 160VA wound core I use in my test. It is
the same as ones he uses to make AC power transformers.

The para quoted below does not even contain the word "toroidal " so has no
relevance to the heading - as is usual for the Turneroid autistic .

These pages all give the steel strip material used by toroidal mains
transformer makers as being GOSS.

http://www.airlinktransformers.com/t...al_toroid.html

http://www.tabtronics.com/toroids.htm#core

http://www.isomatic.co.uk/toroidalcores.htm

http://avellindberg.com/transformers...ech_notes2.htm

................. Phil

"The magnetic core material for most power transformers Is made of
grain-oriented, cold-rolled, 3% silicon steel that is coated and
Insulated. That material has
lower exciting current and core losses than regular steel. It also has
relatively high saturation flux density with a high degree of
squareness. Squareness is the
ratio of residual flux density (remanence) to the maximum flux density
(saturation), or Br/Bs. The oriented grain allows the steel to be
operated at a higher
saturation-flux density than non-oriented steel.
The core material is annealed at high temperature in a dry hydrogen
furnace to remove impurities and relieve the material stresses.
Annealing also develops the
desired magnetic properties, such as high squareness and low core loss.
The steel strip Is coated with a chemical finish to ensure high
resistance between
laminations. Finally the annealed cores are varnish impregnated, cured.
and painted or epoxy coated."