Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default The venerable Quad Esl (57)

wrote in message

Just went on youtube, searched Quad esl, clicked on "QUAD
ESL 57 DEMO - Archie Shepp Quartet- Everything must
change"

I suggest that all you lurkers, posters and whomever go
there and take a listen. Even with dinky computer
speakers the unmistakeable purity, clarity and realism of
this 53 year old design sees off so many modern high-end
systems that I am left wondering, have we taken a wrong
turn somewhere along the way to better sound?

Someone is unclear about the truism that a signal chain can never be better
than its weakest link.

In this case there are at least two very weak linkd, one being the agressive
lossy compression that the audio in YouTube videos get, and the other being
the dinky computer speakers.