Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] elmir2m@shaw.ca is offline

Default Arny ! Why don't you STFU ?

Stuart Krivis wrote:
On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 12:33:00 +0100, Eeyore
wrote:

I raised his hackles by quoting two respected designers and
manufacturers of high-end transistor audio equipment D'Agostino.and
Meitner. Both had the inegrity (and courage) to say that they hope one
day to equal the quality of tube and vinyl. .

That's utterly absurd.

Tube circuitry is heavily flawed.

Vinyl is hopelessly flawed.

Which doesn't bode well for the quality of D'Agostino and Meitner's
_current_ equipment. :-)

"One day our stuff will make it up to the level of being really
crappy."

Actually, I feel it is possible to do a pretty good job with tubes in
some cases. A couple of EEs I respect have said that, as with SS, you
can get good results with tubes if you use them properly. I have
certainly heard good results with some tube preamps, for instance.

It appears to me that the best SS and tube gear are all converging on
the same point - neutral and stable operation. The best of each breed
sound very similar.

However, I choose to own SS myself for a number of reasons, with heat
and maintainance being up there at the top.

This access of sanity must be encouraged. What made you into a
semidissident from the faith taking cautious steps towards audio? This
is encouraging. I'll keep up the good work.
Ludovic Mirabel