Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Robert Peirce Robert Peirce is offline

Default Need advice for a small room

In article ,
Audio Empire wrote:

Big bipolar panel speakers throw a huge soundstage but they don't do image
specificity very well, in my experience.

Yes. That is what I am after. The image (Apogee Diva) isn't as
specific but it is very stable from many points in the room. On the
mini-monitors I have run into the image is great at one point but the
soundstage collapses if you get too far away from that point.

I like to listen from multiple locations in my current room and am
willing to trade-off really great sound at one point and nowhere else
for very good sound everywhere.

I am prepared to hear there are exceptions. For example, I have been
told the Steinway Lyngdorf S-series actually does this very well; I had
started to come to the conclusion it wouldn't. There are probably many
other small speakers of which I am unaware that also can serve my
purposes.

The key is very good sound everywhere at the expense of close to perfect
sound at one spot.