John LeBlanc

Default Loss of Soundfont bank on file close

"HiC" wrote in message
om...
Cakewalk Proaudio 8, I find that after loading a bank through
Cakewalk, if I then open a file then close that file - not close
Cakewalk, just close the bank, the bank is purged from RAM. Cakewalk
support claims this is what's supposed to happen. Does this sound
right?

Thanks for all input.

By design, Cakewalk loads ("attaches") a selected Soundfont to a project. If
memory serves, you can attach up to 127 banks to a project. This is separate
from whatever Windows sees as the default Soundfont. (At least in SONAR, bank 0
starts as the default Windows Soundfont.) When the project is closed, the
attachment disappears. Been a while since I messed with CW, and I stopped with
SONAR after we finished the last of the version 2.0 beta testings, so best to
double-check with the Cakewalk newsgroup.

Out of curiosity, since Cakewalk support told you this was by design, why'd you
ask?

John