Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Monitors - Is More Expensive Always More Neutral?

On 10/12/2018 5:09 AM, Paul wrote:
How many people here use reference monitors for casual
listening, for their everyday listening use?

These days, fewer and fewer people are using loudspeakers for casual,
everyday listening. Some people, however, use "reference monitor" in-ear
phones.

Â*Â*Â* I'm thinking of using my Event TR5s for my bedroom laptop....
Â*Â*Â* E. Power Biggs Bach sounds great on them!

Nothing will blow up. If you have them, and if you like how music sounds
with them, there's no reason not to use them. And anyway, in what way,
other than marketing, are those "reference monitors?"