Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.tech,alt.audio.equipment
Naomi Price Naomi Price is offline

Default earbuds

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 15:37:36 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

Winston wrote:
Phil Hobbs wrote:

(...)

One approach would be to make a casting of the outer part of your ear
canal with something like ShapeLok. I've been meaning to try that myself.

One would want to cast around a hollow plastic tube
to vent air back into the canal in order to avoid
an ER visit to remove the finished casting...

--Winston

I wasn't suggesting pushing it all the way down to the eardrum, silly.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Doesn't matter. A half a gram of media is enough to rip your eardrum
if you are pulling a vacuum on it as you draw out the casting. Even if
it only goes half way in.

Good call, Winston.