Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] cedriclathan154@gmail.com is offline

Default Mac adapters

On Jul 14, 6:32*pm, Chris Hornbeck
wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:53:29 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

What adapters are out that let you take advantage of the combo input/
output plugs that will take optical digital signals? I know Sony made
one for their CD players that used this connector but ideally, I'd
like to come from a spdif or toslink cable. Do those adapters exist? I
haven't seen any Mac advertising of the capabilities of these
connectors nor have I seen anything from the online stores you see in
the back of computer magazines.

Mac's that I've seen have a combi audio output jack, analog
via stereo 3.5mm and digital via optical. MCM, among others,
sells an optical cable that plugs into the Mac's jack on
one end and into a conventional optical jack on the other.
Will six feet reach ya?

All good fortune,
Chris Hornbeck

Yea, I think 6 to 8 feet would reach. I'll have to look that company
up. Thanks for the info.