Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default Experience with Shuguang tubes

jaap wrote:

Patrick Turner wrote:

He he, the chinee boy he know how to make de dolla dolla!

Dat all he know.

You buy toobee from chinee boy, you need rubish bin soon.

All the tubes they make regardless of quality are sold.

So you need to buy 4 to get 2 good ones, luck permitting.

Wish there was more info on this matter in the fora. I would not have
dealt with this seller if warned. Really no one a positive experience
with these tubes?

The chinese tubes don't like being used at high voltage and high
temperatures.

snip,

Some goes for Chinese 'High End' players? Sorry, I don't recall names as
these all look/sound alike.

Jaap

You mean CD players.

A guy here bought a Consonance player with tubed output, and nothing
special.
It gave trouble soon with whirring noises in the signal that nobody here
knew how to fix.

I had a look and found it to be a really awful POS to work on.

Compared to a Sony player with Allen Wright upgrade,
it just was nothing special.

Without the service manual which I could not get I could not
fix the unit.

Never ever buy ANYTHING unless there is a full workshop manual available
and good back up service.

The Chinese have a large distance to travel before their service support
entities are as good as those of say Yamaha.

Patrick Turner.