Charles Tomaras

"Ben Bradley" wrote in message
On 13 Jun 2005 22:42:00 -0700, wrote:

I use Echo gina2496.
when my Os(window xp or 2000) goes into hibernate mode. and awaken. the
horrible bluescreen
appears and my computer downed
I should change my audio interface.
which audio interface supports Windows hibernate mode, well?

I regularly use the Sound Devices USBpre with hibernate enabled and I've had
no problems. It's just a two channel mic pre line interface which received
it's power via USB see:
http://www.sounddevices.com/products/usbpremaster.htm but it does show that
it's nothing inherently wrong with the hibernate mode. I would ask your
hardware manufacture for more information as to what it takes to
reinitialize the device when it's had it's power cut and restored or what
might be causing the BSOD's. I've found that standby and hibernation modes
in XP are pretty reliable. I did have occasional lockups on a Vaio laptop
coming out of hibernate but these were tracked down to video driver issues
that were not the fault of XP.

Charles Tomaras
Seattle, WA